Monday, April 15, 2013

Numb

With the events of today, my heart is just numb. Our country is nothing but a war zone it seems. Over and over when I turn on the TV or look at the news online, there is some tragic event to shock and awe. I can't wrap my head around it, let alone my heart.

The news coverage is reminiscent of the TV shows and movies we watch. When it's entertainment, we don't even seem to flinch. When we have to accept an innocent 8 year old boy was killed from this bomb, along with two others so far, we can't continue to turn a blind eye.

There is an irony that keeps running through my head that the news hasn't mentioned. Boston is the  place where the American Revolution began. Based on who did this cowardly act and what their intentions were, that could bear some significance. But who knows. Trying to make sense out of any of this chaos is fruitless.

Having visited Boston almost two years ago and loving every minute of it, I'm saddened by the events of today. Having been there makes it more personal for me. I have said and will continue to say even more prayers as the days go by. Not just for those impacted by this horrible tragedy, but for our country. God is trying to get our attention. We need to wake up before it's too late.

No comments:

Post a Comment