Thursday, April 25, 2013

Jitters

It's the night before senior prom. I'm excited and nervous and emotional and exhausted! I was just thinking this must be how it feels preparing for a wedding. She tells me she's never getting married - this after she tells me she's not honoring my "you must be 30 to marry" rule. I can tell you one thing. The man that gets her will have his hands FULL! We are telling him there is a definitely a NO RETURN policy if we can ever sucker anyone into taking her!

Everything is in place and we just have to execute the plans. We are doing an after prom party here and to say I'm nervous about that is an understatement. I know the large majority of the kids, but you just never know how they will behave. I'm taking keys as they drive in the driveway and everyone must spend the night. I'm not contributing a thing, but I was once a teenager. I'm not naive enough to believe they are angels. But these kids will live to see their graduation while they are under my watch!!

I know they are all going to be beautiful and have the time of their short lives up to this point. I want them to make memories that will make them smile and laugh in 20 years. They all want to be grown ups in one way but are stuck in young people bodies. They don't understand the advice to enjoy the present and the carefree lives they are leading. But one day they will. Like the night before their child's senior prom. Jitters and all.

No comments:

Post a Comment