Monday, April 22, 2013

Hotties

Once a hottie, always a hottie?! The mirrors in the changing room answered that question loud and clear for me today. I need to install floor length mirrors throughout the house (and a special one on the refrigerator door!) to help remind me. I'm losing the battle of the bulge at a fairly rapid clip.

The list of empty nest activities needs to be topped with exercising. I have ever been this out of shape  and overweight. I weigh more today than I did 9 months pregnant with either of the girls. That's a very depressing statistic. And at my age, it's not just about vanity.

Obesity is a very serious health problem in this country. Pinterest and all the yummy recipe pictures aren't helping that matter. That and all the convenient foods we eat. A lot of additives and byproducts in our foods today complicate the healthy living process, too.

My reasons for falling off the in shape wagon are many, but at the end of the day nothing but lame excuses. I MUST correct this problem before I am unable to. I could already be there. Peri menopause is NOT kind. But I just need to set my mind to it, and make it happen! Now to figure out how to add more hours to the day!!

No comments:

Post a Comment