Sunday, April 28, 2013

MIA

For those of you that have been following my posts and knew about the prom after party we had, I apologize if my absence caused alarm. I was not arrested, am not in jail, but may wish I had been. At least there I'd probably have gotten some rest.

Prom was great despite a few bobbles. The florist must not have heard my request to put black ribbon on the corsage. I had to rework that in a rush. Cassidi wanted a partial undo with curls in the back. We spent 2.5 hours trying to accomplish that, but when the stylist let her hair down the curl fell right out of it. It was gorgeous the way it turned out, but it did cause her some alarm on the way home. We were late and didn't get to take pictures at the place we wanted to. That was sad, but we still got a lot of great pictures.

Her date was adorable! He is the son of a childhood friend of Tony's. They came to spend the night with us and it was great catching up with them. We reminisced of bygone days when we were young and wild. Now we're old and too pooped to party!

The after prom went well enough. I didn't get a lot of sleep between worrying and giving sobriety tests. Everyone cooperated and the night went off mostly without incident. With as many kids as were here, there's a lot to be said for that.

Having prom 3 weeks before graduation is probably a good thing. It was the prelude to the chaos that I'm sure will ensue come May 18th. My to do list is slowly dwindling. I'm down to the t-shirt quilt and the three scrap books. Surely I can get those accomplished in that time. And the good news is that if I don't, the world won't end! That being said, I am not going to stress myself out about it. Famous last words, huh?!

No comments:

Post a Comment