Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Excitement

Excitement is contagious. When you see someone happy and smiling, you can't help but get all warm and fuzzy inside. I've been known to get a little too excited at times. And many times over nothing much at all. But I'd rather be that girl than the one frowning all the time and in a bad mood.

In my yoga class, I always encouraged my participants to share a smile with someone they meet on the street, in the grocery store, or any old where for that matter. Goodness knows they are free. But these days, you'd think they cost a million dollars the way people hold on to them.

Tony tells me the reason some of the strange (as in weird, not strange as in I don't know them) people I encounter, is due to my inviting smile. I always thought it was the flashing, neon sign on my forehead that reads SUCKER. But I can't complain. I meet a lot of really unique and interesting people along the way.

Tonight's excitement was in the form of Cassidi's very first tennis match of her life. She got "called up", because one of the top six players was out sick. Just getting to watch her play in a match format was exciting enough. But then she went and won the match! I was beyond thrilled.

To say that I get to live vicariously through my kids is an understatement. They have been to and done so many fun things in their lives. I try not to be envious of the opportunities they've been afforded, but sometimes I fail miserably. I would give just about anything to be a kid again and pursue tennis. But of course I'd get to take back with me all the knowledge I have accumulated. Oh the possibilities.

In the mean time, I'll just bask in Cass' glory. We're to have another match tomorrow, but the threat of rain might squash that. And who knows if she'd get to play anyway.  I'm not wishing ill will or health on anyone, but I sure love watching her on that tennis court! Tonight I'm wishing for clear skies and a clear path for her to be the #6 seed tomorrow :)

No comments:

Post a Comment