Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Daffodils

Daffodils have always been my favorite spring flower. Daisies are my favorite summer flower. They both are such happy flowers. I guess most flowers are happy generally speaking.

I call them happy because when you look at them, you can't help but smile. The "trumpet" part of a daffodil is so unique. I try to imagine how God went about forming it. He had a pretty daggone good creative vision. A daffodil is just one of his many beautiful creations.

I'm a bit on the irritable side tonight. I'm trying to combat it with positive thinking. Just writing about a daffodil conjures happy memories. I've picked so many in my life, I can smell them just by thinking of them. Having allergies, I usually sneeze when I get a snout full of their aroma. But that first sniff is so worth it! Such a clean and fresh smell.

Daffodils always signal spring and warm weather. There are so many flowers of the spring that span the color of the rainbow. But the yellow of the daffodil captures the warmth of the sun and represents the season so well. I always look so forward to them each year.

I hope these words have brought a smile to your lips as they have mine. It's amazing the impact we can have on our mind if we just focus it and will it in a specific direction. I hope I dream of fields of flowers tonight. I'm sure I'll wake up sneezing though.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment