Saturday, January 19, 2013

Humility


In thinking of the numerous things I've written about so far it occurred to me that some of it sounds a bit overbearing. Please, let me be the first to step up to the plate and say that I am not perfect. The things I feel so strongly about are things I sometimes stumble over myself doing at times. We are all human and make mistakes. But our true character is shown when we dust ourselves off and do our best not to repeat it.

Eating humble pie can be more than challenging at times. It's easy to get caught up in our own worlds and of those around us. Falling into the pit of arrogance and ego is easy, climbing out proves to be far more difficult.

But as with most everything, it's all in our mind - our perspective. If we can swallow our pride, admit our humanity, and do what it takes to right the ship, it gives us new purpose. Changing our perspective is the most powerful tool in our lives. But it takes an amazing amount of fortitude to control.

As I've experienced life, I can't say that humble pie has gotten any better tasting. But I can say that I've tried my best not to put myself in situations where I have to eat it. And when I do find it on my table, I grin and bear it knowing I'm the one that put it there.

No comments:

Post a Comment