Thursday, January 31, 2013

Accomplishment


I've always been fairly self motivated. I procrastinated a lot as a kid, but have gotten much better in my old age. I no longer wait to write an entire research paper the day it is due. I guess time teaches you the value of pacing yourself.

Today marks one full month that I have been writing my word of the day project. I've only delivered a few duds along the way. Having a daily deadline has been difficult to fulfill to say the least.

The blogger tool lets me keep track of the number of visits to each entry. I started out with a bang with 72 visits on the first entry. Yesterday's received 3 visits so far. I guess if I were being paid by the number of visits, I'd soon be broke.    :)

Broke or not, I'm proud of the fact that I've been able to keep it up so diligently. I do appreciate your support, but it has been quite therapeutic for me to get my thoughts and feelings down in black and white. When I go back and read some of them, it has truly served as a journal of sorts. I can remember exactly what was going on that led me to chose each word.

I don't know if any of you are getting any benefit from my ramblings, but I know I am. Thank you for being interested in my project and reading long with me. Here's to another 334 days of 2013!

No comments:

Post a Comment