Monday, June 17, 2013

Tranquility

I've learned to be a mind over matter girl. Well, sorta. My crummy temper gets the best of me first, but at least now I can recognize when I need a time out and gladly put myself in it. Maybe one of these days I'll progress to the point of diverting my top blowing off.

We found out today that Cass' car is totaled from the accident. The frame is bent and the suspension shot from the direct hit to the wheel. The sad piece is that Jennifer totaled her car her senior year, too. Both accidents were due to carelessness and easily avoidable. Frustrating!

But always the optimist, I look for the silver lining. Both could have been so much worse. There was no loss of life or limb. I keep thinking both were very good lessons for each child. While they think they are grown up and have all the answers, God is reminding them that life can change in an instant. I'm just glad he chose small lessons versus incredible tragedies to speak to them.

After the sheer fun and excitement of senior week, I decided it was time to refuel.  I had my massage today, went to Hospice to volunteer, and came home to attend a yoga class at a neighbors. They were just what the doctor ordered.

I live in Heaven. The singing of the birds and the smell of fresh air are constant reminders. Nature is my sanctuary, but my family is its parishioners. I love them when they succeed, and I love them even more when they fail. I rant and I rave, but at the end of the day I couldn't live without a single one of them. I might seek tranquility in solitude, but I would never be happy staying there. My girls and my husband are my life. Without them, I truly would be nothing!

No comments:

Post a Comment