Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Football

I could put how much I know about footbal in a thimble. I've never really watched much of it since I had two girls. They did play powder puff, but it was one night only. I never really knew much about what they were doing or what position they were playing. I understand scoring and that's about it.

Tonight we got to spend the evening with some of our high school friends. They have a son that plays. There were four teams that played 7 on 7 half field sets. It was pretty much just practicing plays for the two teams. Each team ran offense for a period of time and then switched.

I saw running and passing. I have no idea what play they ran or what defense they were in. I got to hear some angry coach feedback. And I saw some high fives and chest bumps. They didn't keep score so there was no winner. But they looked like they were having fun.

It was great to get to sit on the sidelines and talk with our friends, Chris and Tina Blankenship. He is Tony's best friend from when they were kids and was actually in our wedding. They were high school sweethearts like Tony and me. Chris went to App State with us.

We've seen each other here and there through the years. Since he lost his Dad, we've tried to spend more time together. It's amazing how losing a loved one makes you want to revert to days of old. Tony and Chris have been good for each other in the loss of their Mom and Dad respectfully.

So, while football isn't really my thing, I'm grateful for the opportunity it provided for reminiscing and rekindling friendships.

No comments:

Post a Comment