Thursday, May 23, 2013

Thunder

On the way home tonight the skies grew ever darker. The air felt really good and warm with the windows down. But the further I drove, the rain started. It ranged from heavy to light to sun filled. I looked for a rainbow, but none were to be found. When I got home, there was a bit of thunder and lightning. I rarely experience a storm that I don't think of our good friend, Reggie.

Tony met him in college. He was a ball of energy all of the time. Like Tony, he was rarely without a smile. He was a blast to be around.

He died in September of 1990 close to Tony's birthday. He was stuck and killed by lightning on the coast. He was the first close friend of ours to die. He was only 24. It was unfathomable.

Like I said, I think of him during storms, but so many other times in life as well. We always wonder what his life would have been like today. What his children would look like. Where he'd live.

He will forever live in our hearts and in the distant thunder.

No comments:

Post a Comment