Sunday, May 12, 2013

Mothers

Just because you're a female and can reproduce doesn't mean you deserve the title Mother. I feel it is a title that must be earned, not freely given. It's requirements include sacrifice of time, energy, and sanity. A Mother's love is non-negotiable and there are no strings attached.

There are some Mothers that live vicariously through their children, never having grown up themselves. There are some that put their children in peril for their own gain. There are still yet others that walk away from their own child never to see them again. I'll never understand those people.

On this day that we honor those women in our lives that have given the ultimate sacrifice of being Mom, I remember all the things my Mom did for me. I only hope I can be half the mother she was. It took me being a Mom to realize what all she did. And I know the same will be true for my girls.

So when Jennifer has those 10 boys I've wished upon her and Cassidi has the five girls, I figure I'll be getting that call of "I'm sorry for all the gray hair I caused". There will be no greater Mother's Day present than that. One of these days (I hope really soon).

No comments:

Post a Comment