Saturday, May 18, 2013

Pride

There is nothing like an event such as a high school graduation to make you realize how proud you are of your child. It is one brief moment in time that represents the culmination of years of hard work and dedication. It's not just about their achievements and successes, but also about the mistakes made and the lessons learned from them along the way.

As we sat in that hot and stuffy gym watching the activities of the ceremony, I reflected on the numerous games we attended sitting in those same seats. I considered the span of emotions throughout the years of watching her play. Basketball was a great tool in guiding her and keeping her on the path of the straight and narrow.

Today I was extremely composed. I've tried to figure out why, considering I cry on Hallmark commercials. I think I was just well prepared for all the events and the periodic cries I've been having now and again helped. But the other reason is that I feel so confident in the way she's grown and the future that lies before her.

So, while today we're full of pride from this amazing event, we know it isn't her first accomplishment and definitely won't be her last. The story of her life is in its infancy and we know the chapters to come hold more intrigue. We anxiously await the next installment of "The world according to Cass".

Congratulations Cassidi Nicole McCann on a successful graduation from high school. Being valedictorian was icing on the cake in the grand scheme of things. The knowledge and maturity you've gained are the true measures of your success. Don't take your numerous skills in life for granted. Hone them and make yourself proud, as you've already made our cup run with over. We love you!!

No comments:

Post a Comment