Thursday, May 9, 2013

Sunshine

You never realize how much you appreciate sunshine until you've been stuck in the rain for a while. I was grateful to see that bright orb in the sky today as a stark contrast to the gloom that has been overshadowing the entire week. I've always been a sun worshiper and love the light and heat it generates.

I hope it will also lighten up the spirits in this house, too. Tony's contract with IBM will end next week and there are still a lot of unknowns. It's not often that he gets in a low place, but when he does, look out!

I am allowed to be an emotional roller coaster, but no one around me is. I'm always wanting to level and balance them out. To fix, that's my self prescribed purpose in life - especially for my little family. Jennifer and Tony aren't too much on letting me help with that. They have to retreat to their own little world and figure it out themselves.

Over the years, I've tried to learn to cope with that. I'm still not very good at it. Lately, I just try to turn things over to God and let him carry the weight. If I've learned nothing in the 46 years I've been alive, it's that I'm not in control.

I hope the sun continues to shine. But I know that if it doesn't today, there is always tomorrow. And if it gets too far in between sunny days, I always have the memory of this sunny day to think of. Eternally optimistic, that's my motto!

No comments:

Post a Comment