Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Exercise

One of the first things I need to get back to for me is exercise. I did a little bit of that this morning. I went for a walk that was probably about 2 miles. It included a fairly big hill and as my heart pounded,  it reminded me that I need to make fitness a priority.

Most of the time when we're outside here, we see critters. I didn't see any today, though. I did walk by the field Lady is buried in. I didn't see any deer over by her or butterflies flying. But the field is full of tall grasses and flowers. I know she's enjoying her rest and is in a happy place.

The circle included a stop at our neighbors on the hill. They lost their daughter nearly two years ago. Jennifer had just graduated high school and was tragically killed in a car accident. They have a beautiful fire pit that whenever I'm over that way, I take a moment to reflect and revisit her spirit. She was a special girl. Always smiling and cheerful. They hardly ever come up any more, and we miss them.

When I got back, I did yoga on the front porch. I've so missed my yoga after taking off teaching the last year. I sure hope God has a plan to put it back in my path. It's so good for my soul, and of course, my body. But until then, I have to get back to a regular private practice.

Today was a great day for my mind, body, and spirit. I'm looking forward to more to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment