Thursday, May 30, 2013

Focus

Focus, direction, path, goal. All of these words are interchangeable to me. And in my mind, the easiest way to achieve or accomplish them is through positivity. But being human, I fall off that wagon occasionally. Being a busy bee, I tend to over do it more often than not. And in doing that, negativity creeps in.

Staying positive is hard work. There are so many sad and bad things that happen in the world today. The news is full of such events. Each of us have our own crosses to bear when it comes to the challenges we face in life. But the way I see it, we can be negative and let them tear us down, or we can use them as opportunities to grow by finding the silver lining in every cloud.

I often tell my girls that it's easy to be a self fulfilling prophecy of doom and gloom. The heavy lifting comes when we are asked to stay positive in the face of adversity. And let's face it, life is chock full of adversity. Our strength is tested on a regular basis. I feel our true purpose in life is to draw on that strength and stay the course.


No comments:

Post a Comment