Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Giggles

When Cass was little, she seemed to giggle all the time. As she's aged, the giggling has become less and less. Thus, when I hear it, I cherish it all the more.

Tonight we filled water balloons for the annual senior water balloon fight. We both ended up quite wet before it was over. We laughed at the busted balloons, those that looked more like condoms, and those that filled in strange ways. They were balloons that I had bought about four years ago for a reunion we had and we reminisced about that day. It was only about 30 minutes of time we spent, but they were valuable in a way that no money could buy.

These are the moments that I'll miss. Where she lets me into her teenage world ever so briefly. It's more like she reverts to her younger days and becomes the giggly Cass of yesteryear. I can't make a physical scrap book from these memories, but they sure leave an I print upon my heart. I plan to revisit them for years to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment