Friday, May 3, 2013

Proud

Today was senior awards day. Of course I had a great deal of pride in my own child and was grateful for the recognition and awards she receved for her hard work through the years. But I was also proud of all the other kids, too.

Some of them are like my own children. I've carted them to and from games. I've prepared dinners for them. I've taken them on vacation with our family. Seeing them achieve success is just as meaningful to me as that of my own flesh and blood.

I want to see all of them succeed. I want them to pursue their dreams and find their place in this world. I want them to be happy, productive members of society.

As I cried from joy a couple of times today, I realized this end I've been contemplating is really only the beginning for all of them. That's the thing with the phases of life we face. For every beginning, there is an end. And for every end, there is a new beginning.

As we make our way through the next two weeks of pomp and circumstance, I know I'll be shedding more and more tears. But that is also part of life. If I didn't cry, then I wouldn't be normal. I'm just going to embrace the tears and let them flow. It's just my heart running over with pride for all of these outstanding seniors.

No comments:

Post a Comment