Friday, September 20, 2013

Ten

In honor of Tony coming home, I thought I'd make a top ten reasons I'm glad he's coming home list.

10. The grass needs mowed, and I can't get the dang lawn mower started. Those that know my fierce independent side know how much it pains me to have to admit I can't get it started. Yes, I've checked the gas tank, the oil, primed the little bulb thingie, pulled back the bar for it to start, and there is no choke. I gave myself a shoulder ache pulling that stupid cord. My Dad taught me well. I really hope the thing is broken and needs a "real" repairman. If he comes home, yanks the cord, and the damn thing starts, I might just take a sledge hammer to it!!!

9. The dogs, bunnies, and cat need some good ole Tony rough housing, lovin'. I'm not a good pet Mom. I feed them, pat their head, and that's about it. Well, if you don't count the long discussions (read sailor swearing tirades) about NOT barking. It's a good thing they can't talk. They'd have potty mouth for sure!

8. He can eat this ginormous bowl of Halloween candy that I bought and save me from myself. I've made a dent in it, but there's still a TON left. The tootsie rolls are my favorite.

7. I'll have my main squeeze to watch celestial beings with again in the hot tub. I know Cass is grateful she's off to college and doesn't have to be tortured with my amazement with meteor showers and full moons.

6. We will NO LONGER have to schedule time to talk on FaceTime. Five hour time differences SUCK as I've previously complained about.

5. He can eat all this food I've made him. I haven't cooked this much for him in our entire 28 1/2 year marriage. He has chili, vegetable soup, hashbrown casserole, apple cranberry bake, and manicotti to scarf up. That doesn't include the hamburger and steak. He's got a lot of eating to do. Mom always told me the quickest way to a man's heart is through his stomach. I'm going to do my best to convince him to stay home so I can avoid number 6 above!!

4. Maybe I should have done a top five or should have started this earlier. My brained dead mind is struggling to think.

3. Oh yeah. He can deal with all the off the wall, crazy stuff that happens. Just tonight the kitchen sink sprung a leak. I had to pull all the crap out from up under there and dry it up. Then I got to put my plumbing skills to good use (remember I'm a massage therapist!). I took off the elbow thingie (yes, that's the technical term!) and after pouring the water out nearly had to make a quick trip to the bathroom to toss my cookies. The stuff in that thing is DISGUSTNG!!! Of course I had to clean it out (more near vomit sessions) before I attempted to put it back on.  I can still smell that nasty smell after the fifth scrubbing of my hands. I got it back together and it works - for now. It's drying out with all the stuff strung all over the floor. So much for the tidy house I was going to surprise him with.

2. The house won't be nearly as empty when I come home from work. I haven't really had any truly lonely moments. But that moment of opening the door after being away will be better to have him here.

And finally....

1. I can't wait to have him here to hug his neck, kiss his face, and cuddle with. This cold weather has worked in his favor. I definitely need a cuddle buddy to keep me warm.

I look forward to my favorite cowboy riding back in town. I've missed his black shirts, jeans, cowboy hat, and cowboy boots. And of course I've missed his sense of humor. He can always make me smile, even when I have a permanent frown. Tick tock, tick tock. Not long now....

No comments:

Post a Comment