Sunday, September 8, 2013

True Love

Nearly 29 years ago I fell in love with a boy. I had a class or two with him and we laughed and joked. It wasn't love at first sight, but after spending an evening riding around in his white Jeep at the end of an awards banquet at school, I was hooked. I tease him and say it was the Jeep I was after, but he knows better.

We didn't have the most traditional of starts with our shot gun wedding, but God knew what he was doing in crossing our paths. He is the yin to my yang and vice versa. We have tried to undo what was done on more than one occasion. Fortunately the powers that be threw a wrench in those plans.

We have produced two of the most amazing children in the world. Our little family is unique and strange and different on quite a few levels. The poor boys that enter into the fray will have their hands full when that day comes. Gosh knows the girl's friends shake their heads at us when they come around. Let's just say we have "lively" discussions in our family.

God gave me the perfectly patient man. No one can get his red headed temper flared quite as quickly as I can, however. My bite is plenty painful and he has endured more than his fair share  of bites at times. I am grateful that he has stuck with me.

As he celebrates his 46th birthday alone in England, I want him to know the other half of his heart is patiently (well, mostly impatiently) waiting for his return. Happy birthday Tony McCann. I'm glad you know I truly love being your wife (no matter what I might say in a fiery rage)!!

No comments:

Post a Comment