Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Calm

There is a space within each of us that is quiet, peaceful, and calm. The unfortunate piece is that we rarely allow ourselves to hang out in that place for long. The day to day demands of life pull us further and further away from it.

My massage and yoga training has taught me so much about finding and cultivating that space within myself. I'm grateful that I get to share it with my massage clients and yoga students. The other awesome part is that they in turn share their spirit with me in the process. Giving and receiving. It is a powerful thing.

The older I have become, the less I take my sanctuary within for granted. There are a lot of factors that play into that process. I do my best not to analyze it and just let it be. But when I'm trying to help others, sometimes it is good to know how things fit together inside myself.

I have abandoned my calm for the better part of a year and a half. The things I was doing were good and necessary. I wouldn't give up that time of sharing Cass' senior year with her for anything. But I am grateful it is behind me, and I am able to live in my happy place again.

No comments:

Post a Comment