Saturday, September 7, 2013

Controversy

I have been enjoying the carefree nature that my empty nest has afforded too much. It's time to get back to my words!

As I have been doing this project over the past months, I have found the more controversial my word, the more hits my blog gets. It's kind of been an experiment that I've done. Of course I like people reading, but there have been much better entries that get ignored because the title was "Quality Time" vs "Racism".

I think at times I let it suck me in and influenced my writing. I tend to stay on the sunny side of life. I can have my negative and pessimistic days like everyone else. But for the most part, I try to stay upbeat. In looking back at some of my entries and in thinking through the day what I want to write about, I see too much negativity.

With that being said, I'm going to turn that around. I'm a firm believer that what you feed, grows. I will not feed negativity. Gosh knows we only have to look at our news outlets for that junk. So, I'm going to feed light. And hopefully, you'll still read that stuff, too. With at much sadness and heartache as we have in our world, we could all use some positivity.

No comments:

Post a Comment