Sunday, September 15, 2013

Autumn

Fall is a great season. I've always likened the changing leaf colors to the blooming of spring flowers. The forest goes from various shades of green to deep hues of red, orange, yellow, and brown. I've always enjoyed the darker tones of the color wheel.

It's hard to believe this season is upon us. Years pass so quickly now I can barely keep up with the number I'm to write. I don't think they will be passing any slower in my empty nest.

I continue to enjoy the lazy days my life affords these days. I have a few things I need to get accomplished, but finding motivation is difficult. It will be a busy week of cleaning, cooking, and working to make next weekend all about catching up. Friday won't get here quickly enough.

I ordered a few scented candles to help ring in Autumn. I can't help to think of last year about this time when I was in full swing of planning our Halloween party. I will miss it this year. I love planning parties and all the activities that go along with them. Maybe that will be my next career.

As the daylight grows shorter and the temperatures cool, I'm reminded that winter is next. I don't look forward to the cold and mess the wood burning will bring. I am going to focus on the here and now and enjoy the season that is upon us. Here's to mums, pumpkins, and a scarecrows.

No comments:

Post a Comment