Wednesday, October 9, 2013

London Day One and Two

I've been on a long hiatus with Tony being home. But forgive me while I use this space as sort of a journal to keep up with what has gone on while I'm here.


Day one - October 8th
I finished up my massage training, submitted my recertification, and set sail for the airport. I was a good girl and got there three hours in advance. It made for a long wait, but it was better than rushing and stressing about being on time.

The first flight to DC went by quickly and uneventful. I had to be the luckiest person on the plane to London though. Both of the seats beside me were empty. That meant I could lay down to sleep. However, after a man attempted to sit on me about half way through the flight, I couldn't get back to sleep. Not a good thing!

Being the fiercely independent ox that I am, I wouldn't let Tony meet me at the airport. I figured that if I was going to have to figure out how to get around while he was at work, I might as well start sooner rather than later. I made it to the hotel without a single problem amazingly enough.

He came home at lunch to see me. I then made my way into town to get a bus tour ticket. I got on it and roamed the streets of London. I wore out two camera batteries and the one on my phone taking pictures. This place is amazing.

I finally gave out and decided to come to the hotel. I took an ever so brief nap and Tony was here. He decided I had to see London at night. We must have walked 3 miles. I was exhausted and begged to come back. He finally greed to it. I think I was asleep before my head hit the pillow.


Day Two - October 9th
If it was a bus that hit me yesterday, it must have been a tornado today! I have walked to the point of my feet feeling bruised. I've only used my London Pass three times seeing St. Paul's Cathedral (yes, I walked up to the highest point of the dome, and then back down for a total of 1056 steps), Westminster Abbey, and The London Bridge Experience (which was supposed to be scary but was a total waste of time). The churches were amazing. I definitely could not describe them to do any sort of justice. Unbelievable is the first adjective that comes to mind.

I usually am a good navigator and can read a map without any problem. But I have gotten turned around in this city every time I'm out. Today I walked about two miles out of the way because I thought I was going in the right direction. I never even realized it. Tony pointed it out to me when I got back. I'm glad I didn't know else I probably would have sat in the street and cried I was that tired.

I've seen so many beautiful sights. Tomorrow is yet another day packed with seeing things (and walking!). I hope my body can keep up. I should have done some training before I came. Hindsight is always 20-20.

No comments:

Post a Comment