Tuesday, October 22, 2013

That's all she wrote

Getting up bright and early is something I haven't had to do much of in the last two weeks. I decided to avoid rush hour tube traveling to the airport and be four hours early for my flight instead of being frazzled dealing with the crowd. Once I got checked in and such, I was only 2 and a half hours early.

Airport security is a LOT less stressful in Heathrow than in the states. However when we reached DC, we had to go through TSA between flights. I nearly gave myself a coronary running through the airport to make it. Of course my flight would be the furthest gate away. Oh well, I made it. That's all that matters.

In looking back on my stay in Europe, there are so many wonderful memories. I'm thankful I have visited other big cities to remove the intimidation factor of coming into a big airport, riding on a subway, and interacting with the gobs and gobs of people. I know there are a ton of things I missed seeing in Europe, but what I did see was beautiful. And those left unexperienced are reasons to return one day.

The time spent with Tony was great. There is always an adventure where he's involved. We fortunately skipped any big issues like flat tires or car accidents, but our roundabout circling and "hopelessly lost" memories will bring a smile for quite some time. It's amazing that I was lucky enough to find my soul mate at such a young age. We constantly challenge the box that each other lives in knowing when to stop once an edge is reached.

I have also appreciated the countless emails, texts, and FB messages of support in my journeying. I have enjoyed sharing it with you, and it's been great having your words of encouragement. I know a few of you will be glad I'm home to get back to my massage duties!

I left London at 12 p.m. and got back home at 9 p.m. After getting up at 6, 14 hours of traveling, and a five hour time difference, exhausted doesn't cover it. I have tomorrow to recuperate and plan to do just that. It will be a busy three days at work I'm sure, and then Sunday I plan to vegetate yet again. If I don't blog for a bit, you'll understand why.

P.S. I started smelling home when I got off the plane in Charlotte. I made a beeline and when I opened the door, it smelled like Heaven. It just might take a miracle to ever get me to leave again!!

No comments:

Post a Comment