Friday, March 1, 2013

Yoga

I got a new computer today. It's called a yoga. It's to start my new writing venture. The irony of it being called a yoga didn't escape me.

I was in yoga teacher training when my mom died 7 years ago. If I had not been, I don't think I would have survived her loss as well as I have. While massage was the first part of the path toward my A minus lifestyle, yoga was the real source of my new found way of life.

Before I started my training, I attended classes to try and learn how to calm myself. The classes were molded in more of the western style of yoga to be about exercise. My instructor was a great person that incorporated some of the real meaning of yoga along with the western world need to sweat. But my training taught me the real beauty of yoga - breathing.

Yoga taught me to be present, to focus on my breathing and to focus on right now. That sounds simple enough, but in our society it's virtually impossible. We have so many distractions in life. Very few of us can have a single train of thought and complete it from start to finish without something interrupting.

I love my yoga and miss teaching terribly. I've asked God numerous times for that door to open. I've wanted to open a yoga studio for quite some time. It looks like that dream will be put on hold for a bit longer. But maybe this yoga computer is God's way of telling me to keep my options open for down the road.

No comments:

Post a Comment