Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Projects

I love thinking up new projects. And the beginning phases are always fun, too. But then comes the put it into action, or worse yet, the maintenance piece of the effort. I struggle when that phase sets in.

Today I caught up on a week's worth of entries in Cass' senior journal. I'm glad we text back and forth a lot. It helps me remember what went on each day when I get behind. It is a lot of effort getting her picture each day and finding interesting things to include in the daily journal piece. But I am so excited for the day when she calls me up after looking at it years from now and says "thank you". It will be all worth it then!

I have quite a few more senior projects left to do for her. The clock is ticking, and I need to get busy. A part of me feels guilty for being so much more involved in her last year than I was with Jennifer. But things were a lot different for all of us 9 years ago. I have to remind myself that I did quite a bit considering I was still in the crazy corporate world.

My daily word project has gone fairly well. I struggled to get back into the swing of things when Tony's Mom died. A part of me thought it would be disrespectful to write too early afterwards. But the biggest part of me was just sad. She was a big supporter of my writing, and I knew she  wouldn't want me to stop. So I'm glad to be back at it.

I haven't done anything yet on the BIG writing project I mentioned earlier. I haven't gotten my new computer yet, and struck out on finding a desk this weekend. I'm looking forward to seeing where that adventure takes me.

I'm thinking I need to finish some things before I get too many irons in the fire. I may be a tad too late in deciding that. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment