Saturday, March 2, 2013

Norah

For nearly all the 8 years I have been doing massage, I have listened to Norah Jones in the background. I recently switched things up and started listening to some spa music on Pandora. Today I was craving Norah and turned her on again.

I was fortunate enough to see Norah in concert this past August. She was amazing to say the least. But in addition to her performance, the venue was phenomenal. We got to see her in Red Rocks Colorado.

Tony has two aunts that live in Denver. We've gone to see them numerous times. One of the first few times we went, they took us to the amphitheater in Red Rocks. I told Tony then that one day we'd be back to see a concert there. Little did I know that it would be so see my heroine, Norah.

I don't know that I'll ever see a concert that will equal or surpass Norah in Red Rocks. Sometimes I think I'd rather never attend another concert and let that moment stay emblazoned on my spirit. 

But I love music too much to do that, and besides I'm still a spring chicken. I have a lot of years left in me, and so does Norah. I'll gladly sit in that beautiful red Colorado landscape and watch her tickle that piano and croon her lullabies in 20 years. Count me in!

No comments:

Post a Comment