Friday, March 8, 2013

Quaint

I grew up in small towns. When it came time finish college and pick a place to live, I was determined to move to a city. Charlotte fit the bill. I believed I wouldn't be able to achieve success until I lived in a city. It's amazing how the mind works sometimes.

We lived in Charlotte for 16 years. It only took about 14 for me to figure out the error in my thinking. But I had to get an education for a new career to escape. At that point, I was determined not to finish raising Cassidi in the city.

Thanks to divine intervention, we found our little cabin on the hill. God had his plans in place long before I did. I'm just glad I paid attention and listened.

Tony and I have visited a couple of small towns in Virginia in the last few months. They are incredibly quaint and steeped in history. Both have been in the Shenandoah Valley. Jennifer is in Richmond. Cassidi is soon to be in Fairfax. I have a feeling God is at work again, and believe me, I'm paying attention.

No comments:

Post a Comment