Saturday, March 9, 2013

Antiques

Loving history the way I do, loving antiques falls right in line with that. Today we spent the day trying to find a desk for my writing projects. We didn't find one, but we found a lot of other neat stuff.

When you walk into a store, you can tell a lot about the owner. Some places are neat and orderly. Other places are wall to wall junk. And if one person's junk is another's treasure, it's up to you to find it! The ultimate treasure hunt.

Today when I was browsing, I saw things that reminded me of various people in my life. Seeing items that my Mom had in our house as a kid took me back a lot of years. I smiled a lot today remembering.

Things are just that, things. One person places a great value on something another person wouldn't pay a dime for. But I know that the memories I have are the greatest antiques of all. No one will ever be able to take those away from me and u wouldn't sell them for a million dollars!

No comments:

Post a Comment