Monday, July 15, 2013

Rescue

Well, we had another four legged join our clan today. A Facebook friend found a stray kitten at her house, and with eight animals of her own, decided there was no room at the inn. So, we invited her to join our brood.

Three of our dogs are "ours". Ellie is a stray that we found on the parkway. Bert came as a pair that was also given to us, but Earnie has gone on to cat Heaven we fear. The bunnies came to us by way of another "free" gesture that Tony somehow happened upon. The baby bunny was the only "result" that we kept from that reproductive venture. I know his name, but couldn't tell you the name of the momma and daddy.

That makes eight total. The new cat makes nine. Surely some other critter can make its way to our house so we can hit double digits! I don't like odd numbers anyway.

We've passed rescuing on to Jennifer as she has our grand dog, Raleigh. When he visits, he's right at home. Since he's an inside dog at his house, I usually give in and let him in. He's a big baby, and she's spoiled him rotten. The other critters sure don't like the special treatment he gets.

I don't know how we became such animal people. And really, I think it's gotten a bit out of hand. I know we live in the woods, and so do animals, but enough is enough already!! The bad part is I will be the one responsible for all of them when Cass heads off to college. UGH! I'll be the one needing rescued then!!

2 comments:

  1. I have. another rescue that needs a home I think he would fit in well at your house we call him bubba gump he would love Tony

    Jamie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Unless it's a goldfish, I'm out! Lol

    ReplyDelete