Sunday, July 7, 2013

Orientation

We're at Cass' orientation to UVA.  Last summer we visited the campus and took a tour. Tonight we drove around to find out where we need to be tomorrow. At first it seemed a little confusing, but after a few complete circles, we got the hang of it.

We passed by the hospital where Eleanor spent so much time for four years, including her final days. I feeling of great sadness came over me. But I know she is in a better place and is resting peacefully. I know she would be so excited to hear about Cass' adventures here at UVA. She'll be watching over her and protecting her in her journeys.

It hasn't hit me yet that she'll be leaving in about 6 weeks. Right now it's just a big adventure. Maybe tomorrow will make it a little more real. But then again, if I focus on the fun and excitement, maybe I won't be so sad. It's just another phase of life I need to embrace and enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment