Sunday, July 21, 2013

Enjoyment

Enjoyment has come to me in different ways throughout my life. When I was younger, it had more to do with things, places traveled, and accomplishments achieved. Today it has far more to do with the simple things in life.

Today is day two of our vacation. We haven't stepped foot outside of the yard. Tony and Cass did go to town yesterday to run an errand. But we have stayed close to home. I've always said we live in paradise and leaving never makes any sense. 

One of the greatest joys these days is watching Tony rest. He has been sleeping in and waking up rested. He goes so much that any time he slows down, I'm grateful.

Cassidi has come out of her dungeon on a couple of occasions to spend time with us. She and Tony were out on the tractor today. As they drove by once, I saw a glimpse of the little girl she once was. The two of them have spent a great deal of time together over the years. She'll do well to marry a man like him one of these days.

The next few days will not hold the big fancy family vacation we had originally planned for Cassidi's graduation. But it will hold the important things in life - the family I cherish and the slow pace that lets me enjoy them.

No comments:

Post a Comment