Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Female

I consider myself a strong female, not just physically, but emotionally and spiritually. I've had a few knock downs in my life, but nothing that ever kept me down for long. I'm a firm believer of the saying "that which does not kill us only makes us stronger".

Tonight I read an article about the sex mobs that are being used in Egypt to silence women protesters.  Political parties are sending men to areas specifically to alienate a woman from her group of friends. They are even paying bystanders to join in on the rape. It is disgusting.

It makes me appreciate the freedoms we are afforded in this nation. So many people whine about their rights being infringed upon and the various things being done to them causing them to be victims. I highly doubt many of them are experiencing the brutality that those in Egypt are facing right now.

The next time I go to complain about something, I am going to remind myself of these despicable practices in other countries. I am going to cherish my freedom of speech without persecution. I am going to cherish my freedom to pursuit of happiness. I am going to remember all those that came before me that truly were victims that suffered dire consequences so I could have these freedoms.

No comments:

Post a Comment