Sunday, August 11, 2013

Mischief Managed

Well, sorta. While watching Rafa trounce Raonic, I discovered a pile of poop with creamish splashes at the foot of our grandfather clock. The Internet told me it could only be a lizard, bat, or a snake that would leave such droppings. We don't grow lizards that big around here, and I thought it was too big for a bat. That left a snake!

Anyone that knows me very well knows that I HATE snakes. The only good snake is a dead snake. We've had a few around the house outside (that I chase down and kill), but none inside other than a tiny baby in the fireplace rocks once. Cassidi was home alone for that one. She doesn't like them either.

I had quite the dilemma in contemplating what I was supposed to do. I could not leave the house and miss Rafa's match. So, I climbed up on the arm of the couch to finish watching him. If it was on the ground, it wasn't getting my feet. I felt like such a big girl not having a panic attack.

Tony was still online, so I sent him a message with a picture of what it looked like. He wasn't sure what it could be. But after looking further, I also saw some on top of the clock. I could not imagine how a snake could get up there. I kept assuring myself all would be well.

The match finally ended with yet another W for Rafa, and I was happy. But then I remembered why I was perched on the couch. I called our sweet neighbor to come save the day. He came over and said he felt sure it was a bat.

We cleaned up the mess and I breathed a few sighs of relief. I can live with a bat in the house. Gosh knows I have a few bats in the attack!! They find their way in the house now and then. They usually find their way out just as easily. However, if it had been a snake, I would have moved until someone found it.

If this is the worst of the predicaments I find myself in while Tony is gone, GREAT! I'm not holding my breath though as this family tests Murphy's Law on a regular basis. Meanwhile, I'm enjoying the quiet house and the trial run of the empty nest!

No comments:

Post a Comment