Wednesday, July 29, 2015

Ready, set, VACATION!

Due to some clients changing their schedule, I'm getting an extra day off for our two and a half week adventure. It's going to be nearly 3 weeks off for me. I'm ok with that! With as crazy as this year has been with opening the new business, I think my body can use the down time from so much physical labor. We'll see if I can remember what it's like to not think MAMAW 24x7!

Our big adventure started as a family vacation to mark Jennifer's 30th birthday which is this fall. We did a three week trip out west the summer before her senior year of high school. We saw some magical places. The unfortunate piece is that neither of them remember much about it. They better we'll remember this time. I've changed it into both their birthdays and Christmas gifts... for 10 years! LOL

In planning this trip I keep telling myself it will probably be the last we take as just a foursome. My little family has grown up. It will be quite different with four adults this time. We've come up with some rules to follow so we can keep the peace. It will be interesting to see how long our rules hold out.

I made Jennifer come up with the outline of the itinerary. I then put on my project manager "i" dotter "t" crosser hat and added the meat to the plan. We'll be traveling through 16 states, see 5 national parks, visit 4 major cities, visit family, and sea kayak with killer whales in the most northerly corner of the west coast. By the time we're done, we'll travel close to 7000 miles and spend around 150 hours in a car seat. The hope is we'll have far more adventure than mis-adventure, but we're not naive enough to pretend there won't be some of that along the way. We are taking Tony McCann after all. He specializes in mis-adventure!!

I hope to keep my blog diary and post as many pictures as we can take. I love being able to look back over our travels to remember what happened and what we saw. When we do these marathon trips, so much happens in such a short amount of time, it's easy to forget. I hope you'll enjoy joining in on the ride!

No comments:

Post a Comment