Saturday, October 4, 2014

End of the road

After 15 days, 2,886 miles, a million castles, a million and one churches, a bazillion cows, and a bazillion and one sheep, we decided to call it a successful trip and head for London. We weren't due back here for another day, but after our wonderful stay at Lake Vyrnwy, neither of us could bear the thought of searching for a place to stay tonight.

We stopped in Shrewsbury today as the last little town to see before heading for the city. It's the birth place of Charles Darwin. We didn't pick it for that reason, we just discovered it when we got there. It seems all of these places have some celebrity associated with it. I guess that's what happens in countries that have such long histories.

It was a nice sized town with neat old streets and shops. Of course I had to take pictures of the castles and churches and cobblestone streets. The collection wouldn't have been complete without it. At the castle there was a wedding going on. I got a picture of the bride and groom during their photo shoot. Last trip I had gotten a bride and groom at a castle, too.

After seeing it though, I programmed Heathrow into the GPS and instructed James to make a beeline for the rental car return. I told Tony they were going to have a field day cleaning off the sheep and cow shit, bug guts, leaves, and mud we traipsed through. We also drug in quite a bit of dirt and sand. Oh, and don't forget the food crumbs from our various indoor picnics along the way.

On our way back, we thought of all we've seen and done in the last two weeks. It's been an amazing trip so far. I have London exploring to do this week and then we have to plan our adventure for this coming weekend. I have already scheduled a massage for Monday. I told Tony you know you're spoiled when you have a massage therapist on your FB friends list while you're on vacation in another country. I saw her last time and she was great. My body is sure looking forward to relaxing.

Monday I don't plan to do much of anything. Tony said he's going to call all throughout the day to keep me from resting while he has to work. I'm sure they're going to keep him there all day and night after him being gone for two weeks. He'll be too busy to think about me.

The unpacking has begun. There are a few things I'm going to hand wash to see if I can generate some clean clothes. I've pretty much gone through all of my clothes once. It hasn't been too bad yet as far as me being grossed out about rewearing dirty clothes. I haven't become European in that regard yet!! Let the last week of vacation begin!!

No comments:

Post a Comment