Tuesday, July 29, 2014

I cried in yoga tonight. Sad you say? Let me explain.


This past week on vacation I practiced yoga on the dock on the river most mornings really early. It was an amazingly peaceful setting. In the past when I've sat down to do yoga on vacation, I've always brought the burdens of life with me and asked my mat to cure them. This time, I had the realization that I didn't have any major burdens to bring.

It was a scary feeling instead of a relief at first. It was a distraction in that first practice. But I slowly opened my heart to it and settled into this new feeling on my mat. It was wonderful to feel comfortable and confident in my own skin. My mat no longer had to be about mercy!!

Tonight I shared that story with my class. And I was just overcome with the emotions around it. As I was telling them, I thought of all the reasons I'm in this good place.

I get to do the work I love day in and day out. I live in the most beautiful place a person could imagine. I have a wonderful husband that it seems I keep rediscovering. I have two great kids that while trying at times, that at their worst are far better than most people's best. I get to build and nurture positive relationships with all walks of people.

In summary, I'm in a zone. And while I know there are things that could be better, life is great! And I wanted to share that with my class to thank them for their participation in my journey. So that was what had me tied in emotional knots this evening. Nothing sad at all. But HAPPY!!

I wanted to share that story here too as so many of you are part of the fabric that has been woven into my happy place. I love seeing your pictures, sharing in your triumphs, praying for your needs, and rejoicing in your happiness. I am so grateful for FB and the miles it has diminished in keeping in touch with family and friends.

I love you all!!! Namaste
 

No comments:

Post a Comment