Tuesday, December 31, 2013

November


For the month of November, I chose to post a daily status on Facebook of thankfulness. I decided to post them all here:

TD1:
I’m thankful for the little things in life that on the surface don’t seem important, but when you look closely, are the threads that hold everything together.

TD2:
I am thankful God chose me to be one of the care givers in the world. I am so grateful for the gift of touch he blessed me with. I only hope those that receive it enjoy it as much as I enjoy sharing it.

TD3:
I am thankful for a day of rest. I don’t always get to partake in them, but sometimes I get more than one. Rejuvenation is the key to a long life. I’m grateful God helped me see the light at an early age. I hope each of you allow yourself a “you” day once in a while.
TD4:
Today I am thankful for the capacity to love and be loved. I have been blessed with so many wonderful people in my life. Without them, I would not be the person I am today.

TD5:
Today I am thankful for the obstacles in life. If it weren’t for them, I wouldn’t be the strong individual I am today. None have been insurmountable with the help of God, which serves to strengthen my belief that he only presents us with what he knows we can handle. So instead of blaming God for punishing you with a challenge, thank him for loving you and believing in your strength!!
TH6:
Today I am thankful for the amazing plan God has had for my life. I've often question it and felt it needed to be different. But fortunately he's been patient with me and not abandoned me in my ignorance. It's a wonderful life!!

TD7:
I am thankful I was blessed with the gift of being a mom. I had a great example to learn from. I can only hope I'm half the mom she was. I hope I've passed on a few of her great qualities to my girls when it's their turn!!

TD8:
I am thankful for the modern conveniences that let me spend the weekend with my daughters! I'm not a person that requires a lot to make me happy. But give me family time, and I'm good to go. Here's to Thanksgiving dress rehearsals!!

TD9:
Today I am thankful I’m a country dweller. All it takes is one night in the crazy city to crave the peach and quiet of my little cabin in the woods.
TD10:
Today I am thankful for the little diversions in life. I am a huge tennis fan. Well, more like a huge Rafael Nadal fan. He's provided me many hours of entertainment (and high blood pressure)! I like to think my competitive and feisty spirit is one of the things that keeps me young.

TD11:
Today I am thankful for the people that sacrifice their time in serving this country. Time with their loved ones, time living their personal life, and time on this earth. They are the true super heroes and should be celebrated as such.

TD12:
I am thankful for the technology that allows me to keep in touch with those I love.
TD13:
Today I am thankful for the things about each of us that make us unique. If we could see the beauty of being unique versus judging it as different, the world would be a better place.

TD14:
I am thankful I am a morning person. I generally wake up before my alarm goes off (I seriously dislike that noise), my feet hit the ground, and I’m off. To me, that is so much more pleasant than laying in bed dreading the day.

TD15:
Today I am thankful for grumpy days. For without them, we wouldn’t appreciate our happy days as much. I sure hope tomorrow is jubilant to make up for the snarly grumpiness I am currently experiencing!!
TD16:
I am grateful for the end of the work week. I unfortunately don't have anyone to celebrate it with currently. But that will be remedied soon enough!! In the mean time, a horizontal position with light entertainment is in my future!!!

TD17:
I'm so thankful that the nightmare I had last night wasn't true. And for the opportunity to educate Cassidi McCann about the horrors of credit cards before she does anything stupid!!

TD18:
Today I'm thankful for the quaint life I lead. I didn't always like quaint, but fortunately I woke up to it's amazing beauty!

TD19:
Today I am thankful for community. I have met some wonderful neighbors and members of the communities we've lived in throughout the years. Memories of them always bring a smile to my face.

TD20:
Today I am thankful for prayer. The world is full of people suffering and in need of God’s guidance in their life. I’m grateful that even though I can’t be with them directly to support them through their challenge, I can be with them in spirit through prayer. And of course being the recipient of prayers from those that love me is profoundly humbling.
TD21:
Today I am grateful for days that end in vegetative, horizontal positions! It's been a doozy of a week so far, and I still have two days to go! But hey, busy equals faster time ticking which equals my man getting home. So, I'll take it!!!

TD22:
I am thankful I only have to wait five more days to hug my husband!!!
TD23:
I'm thankful my internet went out last night and I wasn't tempted to stay up late. I went to bed at 9!!

TD24:
I’m thankful to have a hone and the means to prepare for a wonderful Thanksgiving. This year just might truly feel like a homecoming with everyone gone. Tony returns from being gone nearly 8 weeks, Cassidi hasn’t been home since August, and I’m thinking it’s been since Cass’ graduation in May since Jen’s been home. Let the merry making begin!!!

TD25:
Today I am thankful that even though she said it was never going to happen, Cassidi is homesick!! It makes me believe that maybe the home we’ve made for her all these years isn’t so bad after all. I’m looking forward to having my little nest full of birds again in the next few days.

TD26:
Today I am thankful baby bird made it home safely (finally)! Now to get Papa bird and Oldest bird here tomorrow. Praying for safe travels amid this crazy weather!!

TD27:
Without a doubt, today I’m thankful I will be wrapping my arms around my hunk of a husband after 5 LONG weeks!!! I may never let go!!

TD 28:
I’m grateful that our ancestors were smart and respectful enough to create a day to be thankful. And I’m even more grateful that it is a tradition that hasn’t gone by the wayside in our pitiful society of today. My little family will be professing our thankfulness throughout this day, and I hope yours will be doing the same! HAPPY THANKSGIVING to one and all!!!

TD29:
Today I am thankful for the morning after. Cassidi McCann went to earn some cash making Christmas wreaths (she's a Scrooge all year long so she'll be full of joyous stories after this I'm sure!), Tony McCann's English clock still hasn't reset so he was up at 6:30, and Jennifer McCann was home to be his companion on his NUMEROUS errands that just HAVE to be done. And I snuggled up under the covers and slept in my temporary empty nest again :)

TD30:
I'm thankful that my whole gang made it home safely and we had a wonderful holiday together.

No comments:

Post a Comment